Friday, August 10, 2012

Devil Bunny

Today I learned a fact: Ice Cream Is Not Good Running Fuel.

I'm not sure why I thought it would be, but before run #2 of the day (I'm breaking up my long runs in hopes that it allows me to get my mileage in while still letting my ankle heal) I decided to eat a good helping of Blue Bunny Neapolitan. Bad. Idea.

Ice Cream burfs (burp + barf) notwithstanding...I decided to try to figure out why. It's likely a combination of the sugar lactose being hard to digest, it being a high-fat food, and the fact that I consumed it about 10 minutes before heading out to run. Having 7 marathons under my belt, you'd think I'd know better?

Just to remind myself...here are known "NO" foods in Theresa's running repertoire:

  1. Peanut Butter
  2. Ice Cream
  3. Steel Cut Oats
  4. Beer

TODAY'S MILEAGE: 8.9

No comments:

Post a Comment